The Best Chocolate Flaxseed Pudding Recipe
Super chocolatey, nutty and so delicious, this Chocolate Flaxseed Pudding recipe is extremely easy to make! It tastes like edible brownie batter but with all-natural ingredients, it’s much healthier! Ready in 2 hours or less, this recipe can be made to fit many different diets like Whole30, paleo, keto, vegan, and dairy-free. It’s gluten-free as well!
❤️ Why you will love this Chocolate Flaxseed Pudding recipe
- It’s easy! Similar to Chia Pudding, just mix it all together and pop it in the fridge to set. It’s MUCH quicker than chia pudding!
- It’s fast! 5 minutes prep, chill for at least one hour (I usually do two) and this edible brownie batter is ready to dig into.
- The chocolateyness is SO GOOD: YES! It tastes just like edible brownie batter to me. Except it’s healthy! There is no processed white sugar or wheat flour. Instead, it has flax meal which gives it a nutty flavor, plus cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and whatever sweetener you’d like to add. I usually do honey or liquid stevia.
- You can adapt this recipe: Add in other flavors, whatever you fancy! If I’m on a whole30 diet I blend it with a banana for sweetness and drizzle almond butter on top. Keto? I add liquid stevia or powdered erythritol plus peanut butter or toasted coconut chips. Vegans can sweeten it with maple syrup and use plant-based milk. You can also add to this flaxseed pudding chocolate chips, and berries, sprinkle some chia seeds or other nuts like walnuts or hazelnuts.
- Have it all day long! This flaxseed pudding recipe is perfect for breakfast, a snack, or a dessert.
🗝️ Key Ingredients for Healthy Edible Brownie Batter
- Flaxseed meal: It has a few other names too: ground flaxseed, ground linseed, and linseed meal. It’s literally just that though! Ground up flaxseeds, nothing else should be in there.
- Cocoa Powder: For that great chocolatey flavor! It mixes in so well with the flaxseed meal and there are no lumps!
- Milk: Whichever dairy or plant-based milk you choose! I love creamy oat milk in this recipe, unsweetened almond milk if I’m very low on carbs, and coconut milk if I fancy a coconut-chocolate flavor.
- Sweetener: I prefer to add liquid sweeteners here. Honey and maple syrup are great, liquid stevia is wonderful as well. In a pinch, I will use powdered erythritol as it blends really easily too. You can also blend it with a ripened banana.
🥣 How to make Flaxseed Pudding
Click through this story for all of the steps!
How to store flaxseed pudding
Store this chocolate flaxseed pudding in an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep for up to 4 days.
❓ What can I add on top of this Chocolate Flaxseed Pudding?
- Toasted coconut chips
- Brazil Nuts
- Macadamia nuts
- Puffed rice
- Chocolate chips
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Heavy Whipped Cream
- Cool Whip
- Greek Yoghurt
- Cream Cheese (blended in – tastes like chocolate cheesecake)
🤔 Flaxseed vs Linseed – are linseed and flaxseed the same?
Yes! Linseed is just a different name for flaxseed. There are a few variations on the name:
Linseed: Both ground Linseed and Linseed meal are milled linseed/flaxseed.
Flaxseed: Both ground flaxseed and flaxseed meal are also milled linseed/flaxseed.
Linseed is commonly used in the UK, whereas flaxseed is referred to in the US.
🍫 How can I make this a Keto Chocolate Pudding?
Add zero-carb sweetener and unsweetened almond milk! Either powdered Erythritol or liquid stevia, or a low-carb syrup of your choice. Garnish with nuts or berries, and avoid high-carb fruits like bananas and mango. If you use unsweetened almond milk and powdered erythritol, the carb count comes to 1.6g net carbs per serving!
🤷♀️ Can this be whole30 edible brownie batter?
It sure can! Blend it with a ripe banana instead of adding sweetener, honey or maple syrup.
🌱 Is there a vegan version of this flaxseed pudding?
Yes! I use oat milk with maple syrup to make this a vegan chocolate pudding.
😋 More easy dessert recipes you will love
- KETO CHIA PUDDING
- SUGAR-FREE PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE RECIPE
- KETO CHOCOLATE FUDGE
- DALGONA CANDY
- NO-BAKE HEALTHY CHEESECAKE
Have you made this recipe? I’d love to know <3 Tag me (@makehealthyrecipes) on Facebook and Instagram, Pin it on Pinterest, and please leave a star rating review below! Don’t forget to subscribe to the email list (top right of this page) for sparkly new recipes in your inbox.
Chocolate Flaxseed Pudding Recipe
Super chocolatey, nutty and so delicious, this Chocolate Flaxseed Pudding recipe is extremely easy to make! It tastes like edible brownie batter but with all-natural ingredients, it's much healthier! Ready in 2 hours or less, this recipe can be made to fit many different diets like Whole30, paleo, keto, vegan, dairy-free. It's gluten-free as well!
- 60g (1/2 cup) ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 250ml (1 cup) milk of choice
- sweetener, to taste , (e.g. honey, maple syrup, liquid stevia, powdered erythritol, or 1 blended banana) *see notes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together ground flaxseed, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add half of the milk, a little of your preferred sweetener, and the vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Mix in the rest of the milk.
- Taste and adjust sweetener if necessary.
- Pour into ramekins or small bowls and place them into the fridge.
- Chill for at least 1 hour (preferably 2) until thick.
*I tend to add 3 tbsp of honey or 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
Nutrition Facts with Erythritol and Unsweetened Almond Milk
Servings: 3; Amount per serving: Calories: 122; % Daily Value
Total Fat 7.5g: 10%
Saturated Fat 1.2g: 6%
Cholesterol 0mg: 0%
Sodium 260mg: 11%
Total Carbohydrate 8.1g: 3%
Dietary Fiber 6.5g: 23%
Total Sugars 0.4g
Vitamin D 0mcg: 2%
Calcium 110mg: 8%
Iron 6mg: 34%
Potassium 307mg: 7%
Nutrition Facts with Oat Milk and Honey
Servings: 3; Amount per serving: Calories: 210; % Daily Value
Total Fat 7.6g:10%
Saturated Fat 1.3g:6%
Dietary Fiber 6.9g:24%
Total Sugars 21g
Vitamin D 1mcg:6%
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Unsaturated Fat: 0g
so much power food in here and it’s super creamy
Thank you, Nancy!
I really love a good pudding. Can’t wait to try it.
So delicious – a lovely way to start the day! Perfect to have such a great vegan option.
I have all the ingredients and will make this too! Looks so good
Love this! Particularly love that I can justify having chocolate for breakfast!
Never made a flaxseed pudding before! Now I have to try it out! Thanks for the recipe!
This chocolate flaxseed pudding was so delicious!
Wow, what an idea! I have to try this asap. I love chia pudding but never tried flaxseed one. Nice!
I loved this pudding, the perfect afternoon snack!
This pudding is so tasty and healthy too!